These past three days the six male interns, from the group my husband and Axel brought from Texas, have been staying at our house. They've been in training for their individual tasks as summer missionaries, the same jobs my husband and i had when we first came to Kansas as engaged interns. It would seem that every year a new couple emerges as a crop from the missionary visits. Last December one of the girls from our college-level youth married Axel, who was in my same class at seminary. I can't help but wonder how our students this year will fare in the fields of ministry and love.
On a more comic note, i had to make supper for all fifteen of us yesterday and it took forever and a half, but i finally managed to whip up too much spaghetti, just enough meat loaf, and the perfect amount of homemade mashed potatoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I'm a Republican to the core but this really made me open my eyes and realize that politics, and politicians alike, have made the turn f...
-
The Wichita Art Museum (WAM) hosts an event every spring in order to bring locals together in appreciation of art. Every year they pick a si...
-
... has a game tonight. I'm making tomorrow's lunch. We have to go to the Ferrer's house later (after Val's game). Santi...
-
My family and I did the 2 mile River Run (sponsored by Bank of America) last Saturday. I haven't really exercised in a little over a yea...
-
I recently watched a toothpaste commercial (Who am I kidding? Those things are on ALL the time!) where the announcer claimed that 9 out of...
-
I recently saw this title: "HOUSTON MAYOR FORCES ALL TO OPEN GIRLS ROOMS TO MEN" for an article on http://www.breitbart.c...
-
Last week was Car's first father's day and our first time helping coordinate youth camp with a "baby on the hip". It was f...
-
Sometimes big dreams don't come true, but i've found that if you're just willing to be a little flexible and dream different dr...
-
This comes as a surprise to those who know me, and much more for myself, but i'm finally happy with my body. I've only lost eleven o...
-
... not just any house can make a home. And on a pastor's salary my husband and i can hardly afford a mansion for our growing family. In...
No comments:
Post a Comment