Monday, July 7, 2014

Starbucks quality, generic price.

My husband has been converted… before you go thinking about idolatry or something else let me elaborate. When we married he couldn't stand a weak cup of coffee after five pm; and now he'd take it through an iv if he could. And why wouldn't he like it? It's the elixir of energy that gets him through the morning, noon and late afternoon slump at work. The problem is that he has developed a taste for Keurig and Starbucks, on a TIGHT budget (to put it lightly).
What do I do to contribute to the addiction? I think I have it easy. His bosses are very gracious and have provided a Keurig coffeemaker and K-cups aplenty for their employees. The problem arises when they run out and their "chief purchasing officer" is out on a work trip. This is where resourcefulness comes in. Most Sunday papers carry a two dollar coupon for Starbucks Via (5 pack or higher count) and I make it a habit to cut them out whenever I see them.
What good does a two dollar coupon do for a nine dollar coffee? Well that's the thing, in my local supermarket (Randall's), as in many local supermarkets, there's a 50% off section for products with damaged packaging. The idea is to check that section every time you make a supermarket run and see if there are any Starbucks Vias or other products on your coupon list (just check thoroughly to ensure the integrity of your product has not been compromised). The Starbucks Via I bought for Car today went from $9.00 to $4.50 on the sale shelf, and then to $2.50 with my coupons. You can see by the pictures below that the product integrity remained intact, AND I got "points" toward a free drink at a Starbuck (located conveniently within my grocery store).
Lots of us like brand name flavors, but want the generic price. It's okay to want to have your cake and eat it too… you just might have to be patient for it. I waited three weeks with coupon in hand for this Via to finally make it into my cart.
Patience is a virtue.







Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts